Monthly Archives: September 2018
So much to do, so little time.
The pace of life certainly hasn’t abated.
In 1930, the economist John Keynes wrote an essay called “Economic Possibilities for Our Grandchildren.” In the essay, he made the now-famous assertion that his grandchildren’s generation would only work 15 hours a week.
Not only are us workers still hard at it, but I don’t know any retirees who aren’t even busier since they retired!
Today isn’t the day to work out all the whys and wherefores – I’m too busy working! What I can do is present you with a solution to at least one problem.
The Beecroft Club has introduced Pop-up bowls.
If you’ve been curious about the game of bowls, now you can try it in a short format on Saturday afternoon.
All the usual Saturday tasks can still get done – gardening, shopping, children’s sport… tick them off the list then come on down and to give bowls a try.
Are you already a Beecroft bowler?
Grab a friend or neighbour and bring them along. Bowls isn’t a secret we should be keeping to ourselves.
Our next Pop-up Bowls day is any Saturday. Call in by 11:30 am to book your spot – 9484 3651
- Starting with afternoon tea at 2:30 pm
- Bowls from about 3:00 to 4:30 pm
- Then join us for a drink after the game.
Where: The Beecroft Club, 128 Copeland Rd, Beecroft
(02) 9484 1167
(Find the entire Men’s and Women’s Bowls Programs attached at the bottom of this page)
- Sun 17th: Minor singles commence – men
- Mon 25th to Fri 1st: State Triples District – women
Mensa) Tyro Singles – Semi Finals – Ian Hay v Barry Ward (Satat 16th) Graham Coote v Joe Spiteri (Sun morn 17th)b) Minor Singles – First round starts next Sunday morn 17thc) Major Fours Final – J Rigelsford/J Vanderlight/W Saville/R Inch v E Beaumont/B Catherall/R Dooley/K McLennan on Wed arvo 20th Febd) Major Singles – Entries now open – Closing date 6th March, 1st Round Sunday morn 17th March
- Sat 9th: Pennants commence – men
- Sun 17th: Maj singles commence – men
- Tues 19th: Pennants commences – women
- Sat 23rd: State Mixed Pairs District commences – women
- Fri 19th: Good Friday
- Tues 23rd: Club Pairs commence – women
- Thurs 23rd: Anzac Day bowls
- Mon 6th: Beecroft Gala Day – women
- Wed 8th: Veteran singles commence – men
- Mon 13th: State Pennants Regional – women
- Mon 27th: State Carnival – women
- Sat 1st: Super singles Saturday – finals of Tyro, Minor, Major – men
- Mon 10th: Queens Birthday bowls
- Mon 8th: Living Choice Triples at Beecroft – men
- Tues 9th: Club Triples commence – women
- Sat 13th: Mixed Pairs commence
- Tues 6th: AGM – women
- Sat 10th: Bowral Cup (away)
- Tues 13th: Club fours commence – women
- Sat 24th: Mixed triples commence
- Wed 18: Cheltenham Cup (at Beecroft)
- Sat 28th: Major triples commence
- Mon 7th: Long weekend bowls – women
- Tues 8th: Graded pairs commence – women
- Sat 2nd: Graded pairs – men
- Tues 5th: Melbourne Cup
- Tues 10th: Christmas Party / Presentation Day – women
- Sat 14th: Men’s presentation
A great club to be a social member. Meet and relax with your friends at The Beecroft Club.
News from our social members? Let us know and we will add it here.
TUES: 12:45 – 2:45 pm
WED: 4 to 6 pm
THURS: 5 to 8 pm
FRI: 4 to 10 pm
SAT: 4 to 6 pm
(Venue hire can be outside these hours by arrangement)
It sure wasn’t warm
but you know us bowlers – a bit of weather doesn’t stop us.
Thirteen full rinks with bowlers from as far south as Bowral and as far north as The Entrance. They had descended on Beecroft to play for the prize. There was the usual high standard of bowling by all but in the end it was the Beecroft team of Richard Morris, John Rigelsford and Ken McLennan who got in front.
Thanks to Living Choice
for their sponsorship of the day. We would not be able to run these competitions so successfully without your generosity.
Well done to all the winners.
1st Beecroft – Morris / Rigelsford / McLennan
2nd North Epping – Delves / Byron / Delves
3rd Denistone / Putney – Linnert / Crow / Lake
4th West Pennant Hills – Walters / Crouch / Corke
5th Beecfoft / The Entrance – Neeson / Krenich / Hines
6th Castle Hill – Lee / Eadie / Lees
7th Castle Hill – Richards / De Falco Nugent
Thanks to the team
Especially John Vanderlight but as always the merry band of many helpers, including Lindy Saville, Mal Janssens & Ian Hay who gave up a game to help